Monday, May 17, 2010

Arriving in Anchorage, AK

I got lucky in the Seattle airport - thought I was going to have to settle on Burger King but ended up finding a Great American Bagel Company for lunch.

Just touched down in Anchorage, AK. As we began our final descent, I saw snow-capped mountains on the right, and water on the left - I think I may like this place. I walked off of the plane and the first thing I saw was a huge glass wall and an endless mountain range. I have been walking around the airport looking for something to do, and I stumbled upon an observation deck with tribal artifacts and another view of the mountains and water. I bet this is the only airport in the country with an "observation deck"

I'm now sitting at a Starbucks in the Anchorage airport waiting on my 7:45 PM flight to Juneau. It's only 5:00 PM here but I can tell that the 3 hour time difference will catch up with me very quickly. I rented Inglorious Bastards off of iTunes so that should keep me busy for my 3rd and final plane ride of the day.

Both the Seattle airport and the Anchorage airport have free Wifi (take notes, everyone else!) so I have had some time to check out my bus schedule and housing situation. I think I am going to take the 8:22 AM bus from DeHart's Convenience store tomorrow morning which will put me at work by 9 AM. I have two days of orientation at SEARHC until the real fun starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment