Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 55 - Dinner party with the dental staff

The weather was not great again today so I spent most of the day getting organized and lounging around. Now that I have settled back into Juneau I have started to utilize the Rec Center at UAS more than I did in the past. I talked with the student worker at the front and bargained my way into a 20 visit pass for $20. I won't use all 20 visits, but I will make one of my roommates happy when I leave next week. I went to the Rec Center today and ran on the indoor track (my alternative to running outside in the rain).

Tonight, Dr. Sohonage had all of the dentists over for dinner to welcome the new residents. The food was great. We had salmon, halibut, and crab cakes. They were all made from fish and crabs caught by a SEARHC employee. The food I have eaten here brings new meaning to the word "fresh".

That's about it from here. Tomorrow is Dr. Bornstein's birthday so I am heading over to his house for dinner and cake. Other than that, not much planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment