Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 27 - Typical Juneau weather

It appears my stretch of good weather has officially ended. For the last three or four days it has been cold and rainy - quite the contrast to the weather I had during my first few weeks in Juneau. Everyone that I work with has been laughing at me as they all knew this stretch of rain and cold was coming while I was blindly optimistic. Oh well.

I woke up early this morning because the inspector came to look over the house. Of all the Saturdays to wake up early this was a good one because the World Cup was on early. I watched the first half amidst a series of fire alarms, smoke detectors, and lights flashing on and off as the inspector did his thing. At halftime, I met the Wilkinsons and Dr. Dee for dinner at Paradise Cafe in downtown Juneau. The restaurant was really, really good. It's a tiny little cafe with one cook. She asks you what you want and then makes it for you. Combined with the good company and the endless cup of coffee I'd say it was a pretty good morning.

The afternoon was a bit slow and lazy as the rain once again prevented me from going outside. It's a good thing I've got the dog to hang out with or else I might get a little stir crazy. Either way, it's nice to just have time to relax and not have to worry about an upcoming test or assignment.

I went over to Dr. Marcotte's house for dinner tonight. She and her husband made Indian food. They really like Indian food but since Juneau is not brimming with quality restaurants they have adapted and learned to cook it on their own. We played cards and hung out late into the night.

That's about it for today. Weekends have been very easygoing lately. Tomorrow I have to pack all of my things up as I will be moving out of the Ray's house and back to UAS early next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment