Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 33 - Friday

I woke up at 6 AM today to watch Team USA in the World Cup. I went up to the lodge with Will to watch on the big screen TV. We were up there with 15 other people, all crammed onto small couches and cheering on USA. It turned out to be a pretty exciting game.

I headed to work in the late morning and began making my phone calls. My telephone survey is really progressing along quite nicely. I am starting to build my numbers and it still amazes me to hear the perspectives of many of these Native Alaskans. Dr. Hort told me that she brought some of the suggestions I made about patient contact information to the office manager's meeting and they are going to look into making some changes. Glad to see my work is paying off!

I went out to dinner at the Twisted Fish with some people from the office. I had Halibut tacos which were pretty good. I have never been much of a seafood fan, but I guess I've never had it this fresh. There was a free concert on the harbor so we stopped and listened for a bit. We went and got some ice cream and then headed back to the Mendenhall Valley. I crashed early since I had gotten up so early to watch the soccer game.

Everything is going pretty well still. I am hoping for some nice weather this weekend so that I can get out and run and continue to explore.

All for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment