Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 28 - Preparing for Sitka, AK

I am exhausted. Today was a very busy day. I had to do laundry, straighten up the Ray's house, get a haircut, go grocery shopping, pack for UAS, and pack for Sitka, AK. Fortunately for me, I have a car and my own washer and dryer this week. Not to mention, a dental assistant from the office works at a hair salon and agreed to cut my hair. Throughout the day I was able to accomplish each of these things. Keeping up with a house and a dog is harder than it looks.

Didn't do much of substance today. The weather cleared a bit so I was able to go on a run down near the Mendenhall Glacier. I also went over to Dr. Dee's house for some dinner and to watch the NBA finals.

Tomorrow I leave for Sitka and I am very excited. I will be taking the 8:00 AM ferry (I'm on the Fairweather) that arrives in Sitka around 12:30. Dr. Hort agreed to lend me her bicycle so I will carry that onto the ferry and use it to get around Sitka. Sitka has a lot of neat totem poles and musuems about the Tlingit culture. I'm going into the dental clinic in the afternoon and then after work I hope to explore the city. Tuesday I am going to interview OB patients at the hospital in Sitka and then I have a meeting in the afternoon with Martha Pearson and Litia Garrison. It should be a really fun and enjoyable trip.

Sorry for the short and rushed blog posts from the weekend, but I haven't had a lot of time to sit and reflect today. I'm going to take some time on the ferry tomorrow to collect some thoughts and post a nice, insightful article on Monday night.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. My friend doing AmeriCorps in Yakutat says Sitka is her favorite. Have fun!
    ~bryn

    ReplyDelete